Friday, 25 January 2013

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable


LOOK at that pout. Move over Keira Knightley!


Is anyone else getting really fed up with winter now? Now that Christmas is over and we've had our obligatory week of 'snow panic', this bitter cold weather is boring and I'm ready for summer again. One of the (many) downsides of winter - and possibly the most frustrating - is the significant lack of day light. Once I've been to uni or work by the time I get home and want to take pictures, the sun's gone in for the night and it's too dark. Grr!

Yesterday I headed into boots to buy a new eyeliner ready for my night out, and I was mooching around the make-up counter and came across this Revlon lip balm / stain. It was only £7.99 and - being the serial impulse buyer that I am - I snapped it up straight away. There was a picture of Emma Stone wearing the 'lovesick passionee' shade which I thought looked pretty great, so chose that one. It's a beautiful bright shade of pink, which I thought would help cheer me up of my winter blues. And it did the job perfectly.

The great thing about this lip stain is that it's a balm as well. This means it's super moisturising and not too thick, but still gives a bright pop of colour that lasts for such a long time! Winner winner, chicken dinner.

It comes in the shape of a fat pencil, kind of like Clinique's chubby sticks (which I also love). And there are so many pretty shades to choose from, some bright like the one I chose, and others more subtle and versatile.

I wore it last night when I went clubbing. I originally intended to wear a bright red playsuit, but immediately changed my mind when I bought this very pink lip colour. Does anyone else base their outfits around their make-up?! Anyway it lasted all night, I think I only reapplied it once but could probably have got away without reapplying at all! The only problem was, being as under the influence of alcohol as I was when I got in, I crashed on my bed before I got the chance to remove my make-up properly. (I know, I'm a terrible person.) This meant when I woke up I had a bit of a nightmare getting rid of my lovely pink lips before my uni lecture. Being a lip stain, it did exactly what it says on the tin. Stained my lips.

Anyway! It's a fantastic product and one of the most successful impulse buys I've had in quite a while. So I definitely recommend.

Sarah.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. i have the exact same colour, its gorgeous! it really is such long lasting!xx

    vintage teapot//fashion, beauty & life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really surprised how good it was! Absolutely love the colour as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of these *see my blog*...I loved them at first..but then sadly, like most lippies, they turned orangey on me...i was gutted! :(

    www.countlesscolourfulthings.blogspot.com

    angi - xxX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig