Thursday, 23 May 2013

Best of the 90s: TV shows

Hello! Recently I discovered a post by the lovely Danielle from Underland to Wonderland titled 'My Top 5 - 90s TV Shows' and it really brought back some childhood memories for me. I was born in 1992 and so my childhood was rooted in the 90s, and there are so many nostalgic things I love about that time. Now that the 90s trends are all coming back into style, it's got me thinking about that era and I've decided to do a whole series of posts for you about the best things from that decade, starting off with my favourite TV shows.


Saved by the Bell probably wins as my all time most watched programme as a child. I was in love with Zack Morris, and Screech, of course. I think I knew the theme tune off by heart back then and to be honest could probably recite it now, too! Nickelodeon had the best TV programmes, am I right?


Sabrina the Teenage Witch. From school to college to starting her first job, I basically watched her grow up. There was many a time I wished I could point my finger and magically tidy my bedroom after watching this programme. And I definitely think her hilariously sarcastic and world dominating feline friend, Salem, is what began my obsession with cats. I even saw all the films, remember 'Sabrina goes to Rome'?! It really doesn't get much better, does it?




Frasier?! That seems like an odd show for a child to be watching, doesn't it? I hear what you're saying, guys. And you're right. Frasier started in 1993 and finished about 2004 I believe, and I don't think I ever watched a single episode of the programme whilst it was still running. My obsession with Frasier has grown only in the last few years, when I was old enough to understand the jokes. But seriously, what a brilliant show. Channel 4 still show Frasier in the mornings pretty much every day and I'm always watching it. This is possibly my favourite TV programme in existence! Kelsey Grammer (who plays Frasier) has such a powerful voice and I find all the characters hilarious in their own individual ways. If you've never watched it then I suggest you wake up at 8.25 in time to watch it tomorrow morning! You won't be sorry.



Ah, the show that needs no introduction. Check out Monica rocking the original 'Mom' jeans! What a babe. This really is the sitcom to end all sitcoms. I have watched (as I'm sure most of you have as well!) every single episode of this programme countless times, and I still find them funny. There's something about Friends that is nostalgic, comforting, and familiar. I will never tire of watching this programme and I'm gutted that E4 don't show it every day anymore! 


Clueless! Now this girl was rocking the preppy clothes and the dorky headbands way before Blair Waldorf came on the scene. With great fashion sense and way too much money, Clueless was basically the Gossip Girl of the 90s. Only without the drugs.  



And last, but not least, it's the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Will Smith is one of my favourite actors of all time, he stars in some of my favourite films and only seems to get funnier and more beautiful with age - but my unconditional love for him definitely began with this wonderfully funny sitcom! And yes, this is another 90s TV show where I knew every single word of the theme tune.

So what are some of your favourite shows from the 90s?! I had so much fun putting this post together and reminiscing over the things I used to watch as a child (and still watch today). I hope you enjoyed this post because there's more of the best of the 90s to come! So keep your eyes pealed...


Note: All images found from Google Images and Pinterest.














SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Argh, sabrina! 'shake your whammy fanny funky song, funky song!' Everytime I sing that it gets stuck in my head for days lol! I still watch it now when its on tv lol, I love that show it definitely was my favourite shows!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh Prince and Clueless are my faaaaves! They still come on Nick at Nite at like 3 in the morning. I think my favorite 90s show though will always be Full House :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love friends and clueless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched all these programmes!
    Actually I still watch Frasier most mornings!
    Now following on bloglovin.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I love Sabrina, I even have the DVD boxset hahaha.

    www.laurensibs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually watched and loved all of these . . . never have caught on to frasier though! Always find myself bursting into song singing the fresh prince theme tune - it will never grow old! x

    http://aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I loves Sabrina so much! Best programme ever!

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched all of these! Brings back some good memories! x

    http://my-world-in-pictures-and-words.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I used to watch Saved by the bell and Sabrina all the time! Those were my favorite shows and I was so sadd when they stopped broadcasting them on Dutch television. There was a cartoon serie of Sabrina later though, but that one was horrible and didn't come close to the original serie ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO many good memories!

    www.monadot.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm watching Friends just as I read this!
    It's still one of my favourite shows
    Estelle x
    Let Me Go xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I work a job where I answer phones for 12 hours & keep track of boats. Nothing ever happens on the weekends so i usually find a series to watch. From beginning to end.....I watch almost anything..Just nothing scary ya'll I dnt like that when i'm by myself.
    Our Sizzle Reel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig