Monday, 17 February 2014

London Fashion Week AW14 | Shows & Highlights

If you follow me on Twitter then you'll know I spent the past couple of days on a whirlwind trip to London for the madness that is fashion week. I had an amazing time and am now home feeling very inspired about all things fashion and blogging, and already getting excited for next season!

I arrived Thursday night and went out for dinner with my fave girls Allie and Alice. We hadn't seen each other for a few months so it was absolutely lovely to share a bottle of wine and catch up! The perfect start to fashion week.

J. JS Lee
On Friday morning I got up bright and early and caught the tube to Somerset House to watch my first on schedule show, J JS Lee. There were lots of beautifully cut coats, in rich jewel colours. Think forest greens and cobalt blues. And for all you tartan fiends - don't fear! The trend is definitely here to stay into Autumn / Winter '14. There was much less red this time, with a more muted and monochrome take on the pattern. 

 Napsugar Presentation

After the show I grabbed some breakfast at a cute little cafe in Covent Garden with Allie. Later we headed over to Fashion Scout where we saw the Napsugar presentation. I fell in love with a deep blue leather jacket, and all the models' gorgeous hair. The presentation was littered with comic book symbols and there were strong '60s vibes throughout. Very cool.

 Ones to Watch


Later we went to the Ones to Watch show which showcased four new designers' collections. This show was absolutely packed and we were all jammed in like sardines, but it was definitely worth it. The first designer saw a lot of interesting knitwear. A relatively muted colour palette, but some pretty cool shapes and textures. I was a bit disappointed by the next couple of designers, I didn't think what they brought to the table was particularly creative or interesting. I didn't get any good pictures either, unfortunately! However, the final designer was by far my favourite. An absolutely incredible collection of Asian inspired, elaborately embellished designs. It was a beautiful collection to view and I thought it was very inspiring and creative.

Pam Hogg

The final show of the day was Pam Hogg. By this point both my phone and camera had run out of battery, so these photos were taken by the very talented Allie. It was probably my favourite show of the whole weekend. The atmosphere was absolutely incredible, and the weird and wonderful designs were just fantastic. I love how Pam Hogg just has fun with it, and doesn't take it too seriously. The models looked like they were having a great time on the catwalk. It was just so fun to see. 

  
I feel like I have definitely spent far too much money on amazing food and delicious cocktails this weekend. Time for a detox now I think! We went to Meat Liquor for dinner on Friday night which was definitely a highlight of fashion week for me! It's got a really grungy, laid back atmosphere, and I had a bacon cheeseburger with cheese fries (omg) and it was possibly the best thing I've ever eaten... and then we also had several cocktails each. Woops! And even after swearing I'd never eat again, we met up for breakfast on Saturday morning and all managed to devour a stack of pancakes each. Oh dear...  

On the Saturday I only ended up having time to go to one show, Bernard Chandran. I was a little gutted as well because I had another on schedule show to go to (John Rocha) but it was so oversubscribed that, even with a ticket, I didn't manage to get in. A little frustrating, but by that time I'd had such a great weekend that I wasn't too upset!

I hope you've enjoyed this little peak at what I got up to at London Fashion Week this season! It's been a bit of a long post so thanks for reading - and stay tuned for my outfit posts!

Sarah...x

Follow me!

Bloglovin'
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram 

6 comments:

Laura Jarvis said...

looks like you had a memorable time!

www.laurajarvispatterndesign.blogspot.co.uk

Charlotte Lewis said...

Looks like you had a fab time hun, I am loving all of the cobalt blue and red! xx

www.lurchhoundloves.com
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

sophistifunk said...

it looks like you had a blast!

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Style StreetStalker said...

Amazing Amazing Amazing! A great post!

SSSx
www.stylestreetstalker.com

Isabelle Hardy said...

Looks like a perfect weekend? How did you get to go to so many shows? xx

Izzie

http://fashion-et-moi.blogspot.co.uk

Lucia Y said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!
Lucia's Loves
x

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!