Monday, 14 July 2014

Highlights from Haute Couture Week 2014



Today I thought I'd share a quick look at some of the highlights from Haute Couture Week for Autumn / Winter 2014. An extravagant and glamorous event held in the heart of Paris, it's always over the top and very exciting. I don't pretend to know a great deal about high fashion but I have put together just a few of my favourite catwalk looks featuring the big guns; Giorgio Armani, Versace and Elie Saab.

The black, white and red colour palette from Giorgio Armani was full of drama and extravagance. The beautiful black net head piece embellished with playful little red pom poms was one of my favourite things about the collection. Two words - show stopping. 

 
I absolutely adored the Versace collection, with the highlight being the stunning black and pink ball gown. The colour is classic and girly but the modern shape and the edgy accessories creates a fierce overall look, which is heightened by the model's strong contoured cheekbones and slicked back hair. The rest of the Versace show was just as beautiful, with a lot of deep royal blues and purples giving a sophisticated and luxurious vibe to the collection, as you might expect.
 
 
Elie Saab is always a firm favourite of mine at catwalk shows.The embellishment, oh the embellishment. I just love the glamorous jeweled textures her signature dresses possess, but accompanied with simple shapes and classic colours. Let's just say if I were getting married then I'd definitely be seeking out an Elie Saab wedding dress. For sure. 

Finally, I just couldn't write a post about Haute Couture Week and not include the Dior show space as a highlight. The breathtaking decor envisioned by Raf Simons to beautifully frame the show was one of the most talked about moments from the whole week, and rightly so. Covered with millions of beautiful white flowers, the space was the epitome of extravagance and pure beauty.


Sarah...x

3 comments:

Natasha said...

that last shot is amazing! I got ever so excited when i saw the first few lines with the word "Paris" I was like :O thinking youd been!
natasha x
adesignrookie.blogspot.com

Nina said...

This gets me so excited for A/W bring on the layers! It would be a dream of mine to get married in Ellie Saab but I feel like that is a major cliche?
xxx
Nina from little nomad

Holly Cassell said...

*sigh* your blog is fabulous

http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!