Thursday, 26 February 2015

Fyodor Golan | London Fashion Week AW15



Images c/o Fyodor Golan

The invitations to the Fyodor Golan shows always give a little hint into what's to come. Their AW15 collection titled The Rainbow Wheel was no different, with guests receiving a rainbow coloured invitation accompanied by none other than a My Little Pony.

As a rule, I tend to prefer wearable collections to the more crazy, out-there designs so Fyodor Golan isn't usually high on my list of must-see shows. However, there were a few designs that I did particularly enjoy this season. The mini A-line skirts paired with high neck sweaters and shirts were a favourite of mine, giving a subtle nod to the sixties which I liked a lot. I also enjoyed the more mature side of the colour palette which included mustard yellows, dark teels and vibrant blues. 

The baby pink and lime green My Little Pony aspect of the show wasn't exactly up my street. But, I can see where they were going with the concept, bringing the joy of nostalgia and an element of naivety to the collection.

Inspired by the designers' recent trip to Shanghia, Beijing and Hong Kong, the collection reflects the 'plastification of traditional decorative elements'. Embroidered orchids and water lilies are found on quilted plastic and faux fur, which I suppose represent the idea of something being so precious it must be protected.  

In all, a very interesting and colourful collection. Would I wear any of these designs? Well, probably not. Did I enjoy the show? Yes I did.


Sarah...x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Quite an eye opening collection... we'll definitely notice someone wearing any of those in the street!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig