Monday, 21 September 2015

J. JS Lee | London Fashion Week SS16



Inspired by hanging street art and the graphic, linear, supportive structure of the 'open birdcage': J JS Lee celebrates freedom, nurturing confidence to represent the designer's new found carefree attitude.

My time at London Fashion Week this season kicked off with a bang thanks to the JS Lee show. It was my first time experiencing the new showspace at Brewer Street car park and it was definitely interesting. I was glad not to be teetering along in very high heels as I made the walk all the way up the very steep ramp, but once inside you're met with the familiar sight of the catwalk and suddenly you forget you're in a car park at all.

The JS Lee show is always one of my favourites. This season we saw her signature minimalist tailoring contrasting against free-spirited, 70s Californian silhouettes. The juxtapositions are supposed to represent the contrasting mix of the JS Lee woman, 'a strong professional with an equally playful relaxed side'. Personality traits that I think we all aspire to.

The patterns and colour palettes at times were bold and bright (not pictured!), with the use of stripes, a micro bird print, candy pinks, powder blues and parrot greens. This reflects JS Lee's new found carefree spirit, and symbolises charting the bird's flight path to freedom.

The shapes were very relaxed and wearable, featuring a lot of mini skirts and short shorts, wide leg trousers and culottes, and sleeveless blazers and soft shirts. I also especially liked the cool shape of the slingback heels used throughout the collection.   

What did you think of JS Lee's designs this season?  

Sarah...x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the contrast between the 70s style and the minimalist tailoring. The designs look amazing! I also just gave you a follow on Bloglovin and Instagram, don't know why I wasn't before your style is awesome!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the proportions in this collection!

    A Forte For Fashion

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love that 70s style is returning. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, I especially like the outfits with shorts
    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com.by/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especailly love one of the last look you've featured with the shorts! Although it reminds us pyjamas, it's such a casual and effortlessly-cool outfit...great post :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos, really wanted to have a nosy around the new show space (still not over that its in a carpark!) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig