Thursday, 31 March 2016

Where to Stay in Reykjavik, Iceland


 

I've been looking for an excuse to use Airbnb again ever since my first experience of it in Sweden a couple of summers ago, and as I was browsing flights to Reykjavik after Christmas, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give it another shot.

The apartment we stayed in was absolutely beautiful. The perfect size for myself and my friend. We had a double room each which gave us our own space to relax at the end of each day, whilst also having an open plan living, dining and kitchen area for us to eat breakfast together and chill out watching Friends in between hectic excursions and exploring the city.

Located just around the corner from a huge road full of the coolest bars, restaurants and shops, it was the perfect place for us to set up camp. A short walk away from the buzzing nightlife, but far enough that it doesn't disturb your hard-earned sleep. It couldn't have been easier to find our way around, with the Cathedral in one direction and the sea in another, you'll always have a rough idea of where you are.  


 

The location, size and number of bedrooms were our main priority, but I won't lie and say I wasn't even a bit swayed by the cool interior design of the place.

Exposed brickwork, a mid-century inspired sofa and white walls with contemporary furniture created a beautiful, modern house for us to call home for the week. I loved the funky shaped lampshade and the bright orange map of the world on the wall, not to mention the fairy lights, plants and pictures that littered the apartment making it feel so cosy and welcoming.


Maria, who owns the property, was very helpful and fast to respond when I had questions and she even left us some food, tea and coffee to make us feel at home.
 
We couldn't have stayed in a better-suited apartment for our stay in Reykjavik and I highly recommend anyone check it out if you're thinking of going. Staying in Airbnb apartments has completely ruined hotels for me, it's a similar price (often cheaper!) but it really makes you feel like you're living like a local in whatever new city you're visiting.
 
Have you ever stayed in an Airbnb apartment before? Let me know if you're planning a trip to Iceland!
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love Airbnb, it's so reasonable compared to staying in a hotel and some of the apartments you can stay in are gorgeous, this is a prime example of that!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never used Airbnb before, I may have to try it out for my next trip. We're looking at heading to Iceland at some point next year. It does looks incredible!

    Tamsyn Elizabeth | Peaches and Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing! Great post, I've literally just booked a trip there so this is very helpful. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real love spell that work fast to fix your marriage and relationship after a divorce or breakup Recommended by Sonia from USA...My husband left me for no reason on 13th of June 2016. He moved in with another woman, I felt like killing myself and I've tried so many ways and so many spell casters but all to no avail. My life was very bitter and sorrowful. Then one day, a friend of mine told me about this spell caster called Dr Unity who helped him on his own situation when his wife left him. But at first i didn't believe it because i' ve tested so many of them and it didn't work.he begged me further and told me that Dr Unity will never disappoint me, he cast real spell that work fast, so I decided to try this spell caster called Dr Unity. I contacted him and i told him my problems and gave him all the necessary information he required. He just laughed and told me never to worry that my husband will call me back in less than 28hours and i believed and he told me what to do and i did it, and after he has finished casting the spell my husband called me and started begging. He apologized and came back to me crying for a second chance. Today i and my husband live happily like never before. I can really say that this spell caster is powerful because of his work my husband is home again. I'm now the happiest woman in USA and ever since he has shown me love like never before. Thank you Dr Unity I will forever be grateful to you. You can reach him on his email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on his mobile number: +2348072370762 if you have any problem you are facing now Just contact him and he will help you, i give you 100% guarantee . once again thank you Dr Unity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig